Check below the Rules of the SBC Scientific Publication Award, 2019 edition:
Rules and Regulations
To encourage the submission of Original Articles on the most relevant cardiovascular issues to the journals Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia and International Journal of Cardiovascular Sciences for the development of technical and scientific papers, the Brazilian Society of Cardiology creates the “SBC Scientific Publication Award” (the “Award”), which will celebrate the 15th ABC Scientific Publication Award and the 2nd IJCS Scientific Publication Award.
1. The Award will refer to articles published in 2019.
2. The Award will be given to the Brazilian authors of the two best Original Articles published in Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia and International Journal of Cardiovascular Sciences, from January 2019 to December 2019. The Brazilian manuscript most cited in the past two years will be awarded, namely: the manuscript most cited between 2017 and 2018.
2.1. The award:
a) The two best original articles published between January 2019 and December 2019 will receive a certificate, a check for BRL 2,500.00 and a trophy;
c) The article most cited between 2017 and 2018 will receive a certificate, a check for BRL 2,500.00 and a trophy.
3. Only Original Articles published in the journals Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia and International Journal of Cardiovascular Sciences in 2019, according to the fields of study to be defined and the number of publications, at the discretion of the editors of the journals, may participate in the Award.
3.1. A single Original Article is not allowed to compete in different fields of study.
3.2. A single author is allowed to compete with more than one Original Article.
4.1. To judge the Original Articles, the Jury will consider the following items:
a) Relevance and originality;
b) Clarity and relevance of objectives; consistency with the methodology;
c) Research design appropriate to the objectives;
d) Description of the methods/procedures and statistical analysis appropriate to the design. A clear description of the population and sample size. Definition of the study variables, mainly intervention or exposure and outcome;
e) Importance for furthering knowledge. Potential of applicability and impact of the findings.
4.2. The editors of Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia and International Journal of Cardiovascular Sciences will make a shortlist to analyze each Original Article, divided by fields of study. The process of evaluating, classifying, judging and awarding will be conducted by the Jury, to be chosen by the journals editors.
5. Regardless of the number of authors, the Award to be given to each Original Article includes a certificate, a trophy and a check.
5.1. If more than one author has written the article, the Award will be given to the first author of the Original Article.
6. The authors are not required to register to participate in the award.
7. The decisions issued by the Jury are unappealable.
8. The winners will be made known at the Brazilian Society of Cardiology website at www.cardiol.br on a date yet to be defined.
9. The awards will be given in a ceremony of the “SBC Scientific Publication Award” at the 74th Brazilian Conference of Cardiology, in Porto Alegre, on September 20, 2019, from 5:40 p.m. to 7:10 p.m., Auditorium 7, ground floor.
9.1. The winners will be admitted free-of-charge to the conference. Any winners who may have paid for their registration will be reimbursed.
9.2. Transfer to the celebration venue must be paid by the winners. Food, accommodation and transport will not be paid by the organizers.
10. The SBC Scientific Publication Award will also award the two most active reviewers in the scientific journals of the Brazilian Society of Cardiology in 2019. The recognition includes an honors certificate and a trophy, with no cash prize.
11. The Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia Journal will make an honorable mention of the editor's choice for the best International Original Article published.
12. The editors will decide on any other cases not covered by these Rules and Regulations.
Check out the photos of the last editions